A Mile An Hour
Inspired by Beau Miles’ concept called “A Mile An Hour” (watch his video HERE), we challenged participants to run one mile per hour, on the hour for either 6, 12 or 24 hours. In addition to creating a platform for friends, neighbors and full-on running communities to come together to share some smiles and miles, the challenge offered participants an opportunity get out of their typical routine and comfort zone both mentally and physically.
We provided some goodies from our supporters by giving away bags of go-go beans from Summit Coffee, branded swag from Sierra Nevada, and $50 shopping sprees from Recover Brands to raffle prize winners. All participants that joined the party, also received an exclusive discount code for Summit Coffee and the Human Powered Movement Online Store just for joining the party.
Stats and Snippets
- 6 = Different states were represented (19 different cities)
- 21 = Age of youngest participant (55 = Age of oldest participant)
- 46% = Signed up for the 24 Pack (24 miles/24 hours) ... 28% = 6 Pack ... 26% = 12 Pack
- 75.5% = Participants who reached their pre-set goal
- 1100+ = Total miles run over the span of the challenge by all participants
- 1 = Personalize Video from Simen Holvik to our participants (Norwegian Ultra Runner with a personal best of 157miles in 24hrs)
- Minimal = Total collective hours of sleep by all participants
- Countless = Number of friends, support crews, neighbors and pets that got in on the action as well